These products are created by Josh Thorley. Feel free to read about me here.
Personal training programmes are only performed in Kettering, Northamptonshire. Therefore, if you are not willing to travel to this location then please do not buy this product.
Online programmes are designed to be independently performed, therefore are ideal for the international client.
Private consultations can be performed over the internet, therefore I welcome international clients.
Once payment has been confirmed, you will receive a range of documents within your payment confirmation page. If you have closed this page, these documents can alternatively be accessed though the payment confirmation email (please check spam folder).
These documents will provide you with the next steps required to begin your product.
Payments will be taken via direct debit or credit card. If you are unable to use these payment methods, please contact me here.
Please ensure you check your spam email folder. If you still haven’t, please contact me here.
To learn how to use Adobe Acrobat Reader for my products, please click here.
PERSONAL TRAINING PROGRAMMES
Answers to questions relating to all of the personal training sessions and programmes.
These programmes will be developed around your abiltiies, goals, and physical ability, therefore these programmes can be designed for anyone!
For those suffering from a medical complication, a GP letter of reference will be needed to determine whether you are healthy enough to participate in exercise.
If you have purchased a personal training package that runs over a prolonged period of time, then a system called periodisation is Incorporated within your programme. Periodisation is the process of implementing systematically planned training bouts of short, medium and long-term time periods. This means that no two weeks will be the same, and you will be learning something new every week!
Only unless stated in the product description. Nutrition plans are not included in every package. However, I will offer nutritional guidance to all of my personal training clients and answer any questions they may have.
Personal training sessions are currently performed in-house at Simply Gym Kettering, Northamptonshire.
Online programmes are ‘online-based’ and are an independent, educational approach for those who do not wish to commit to a personal trainer.
This really varies on your specific goal. However, to maintain optimal health and fitness, it is recommended to partake in both aerobic (cardiovascular) and resistance (weight/bodyweight) exercise. Therefore 99% of all programmes will incorporate both of these exercise disciplines.
Aerobic exercise may be performed using equipment such as treadmills, rowers, bikes, steppers, ski ergometers, battle ropes, slam balls, or crosstrainers.
Resistance exercise may be performed using bodyweight exercises, pin-plated machines, or plate-loaded machines.
As stated in the terms and conditions, if you have a purchased a bulk quantity of personal training sessions, the following statement applies:
- Personal training sessions that are rescheduled or cancelled < 12 hours before the session will result in forfeiture of the session and a loss of the financial investment at the rate of one session.
- If rescheduling or cancellation continues to incur (at a rate of > 3 reschedules or cancellation for every 1 month) then Josh Thorley reserves the right to cancel your contract by post, email, or telephone. 24 hours after this cancellation has been served, Josh Thorley reserves the right to refund you any unused purchased personal training sessions.
- Exemptions can be made if reschedule or cancellation are made on a one-time basis, especially if this is due to an emergency beyond your control. It is your responsibility to ensure you contact Josh as soon as possible.
- In the event whereby Josh Thorley is unable to fulfil the agreed contract with you, a full refund will be served 24 hours following mutual agreement with the client.
- In the event of a medical emergency whereby you are unable to continue with exercise, it is necessary to gain a medical letter before you receive a full refund on any unused sessions.
Extracted from the terms and conditions:
- Clients arriving late will receive the remaining scheduled session time unless other arrangements have been previously made with Josh. For example, if you are 15 minutes late to your 1-hour personal training session, then you will only receive a 45-minute session.
- If you are 30 minutes late into your 1-hour personal training session, then the session will be cancelled without reschedule. Full payment of the session will be taken.
- As stated in the T&C’s, ensure that you arrive in good time before your allocated session time. This helps me to run an effective time schedule and prevent any backlog to later clients.
- Make sure you attend the session in a hydrated state. The best way to check this is through assessing the colour of your urine. If necessary, drink ~250ml water prior to
the session and bring a water bottle to the gym.
- Wearing the correct footwear is important, therefore sports trainers or shoes that are
flat-soled are highly recommended.
- It probably is not the best idea to wear five layers to the gym! Wearing loosely fitted or
thin-material clothes is good as it does not impede the body’s ability to sweat (which is
a body mechanism designed to reduce body temperature!).
- Bring any necessary medication you may require before, during, or after the session.
For example, asthmatics should always have their inhaler on-hand, and especially
- A can-do attitude! You may have had a bad day a work, but this should not be carried
into our session, we’ve got work to do!
Prior to beginning your personal training sessions, it is highly recommended that you complete all the documents that you recieved upon purchase. This documents are designed to retrieve information that will help develop your individualised personal training session. This information may include, but not limited to:
- Current and past health status
- Personal contact details
- Current availability
- Your goals
- Your ability to participate in exercise.
All personal training sessions are 1 hour in duration. This time may be divided into specific exercise tasks such as:
- Warm-up; ~ 5 minutes
- Main exercise task: 45-50 minutes
- Cool-down / stretch: 5-10 minutes
This may vary upon the client.
Only a maximum of 5 people can be assigned to a 1-hour slot. This is to ensure the safety of the participants throughout the session.
WEIGHT MANAGEMENT NUTRITION CONSULTATION
Answers to questions relating to weight management nutrition consultation (WMNC).
- Assessment of macronutrient / micronutrient intake
- Feedback on methods to improve diet that align to your goals
- Free access to the learning hub
- Access to private facebook group
All information will be detailed within the welcome information document. Alternatively, please watch the introductory video here.
To book your client, first complete the initial stages of the welcome information document – including the consultation date picker. Once you have returned this document to [email protected], I will be in touch via email or phone to book in your 30-minute consultation.
Following the completion of the food diary, please give me at least 7 working days to provide you with your assessment. I will attempt to complete all assessments as quick as possible.
No. Please refer to a qualified dietician.
THE LEARNING HUB
Answers to questions relating to the learning hub.
The Learning Hub is exclusive content produced by me that I believe is essential for those individuals who are willing to become more self-reliant and more knowledgeable in the fields of health, fitness and nutrition. A more in-depth overview can be found on the product summary page which can be located within the shop.
As you may have seen, the Learning Hub is password protected. To gain access to this page, you must first buy a product from the store. Following purchase of the product, you will receive a pdf document within your order confirmation page or through email (please check spam folder). This pdf document will detail all the information needed to access the Learning Hub and to further your learning.
Alternatively, if you’re solely looking to purchase a lifetime subscription to the Learning Hub, you can purchase this separately within the shop for a fee of £5.
This password may be cap sensitive so please ensure you alter your caps lock. If you are still struggling, please email [email protected]
HEALTH SCREENING ASSESSMENT
Answers to questions relating to the health screening assessments.
Your health screening assessment will provide an in-depth check of various health markers which includes:
Personal medical history and lifestyle questionnaire
Vital signs analysis
Not at all.
If you feel uncomfortable or simply don’t want a particular screening assessment performed, then please let me know, either through email or on the day so I can alter the protocol.
I aim to provide you your feedback form < 7 days following your assessment.
On average, health screening assessments may last between 45 minutes to a maximum time of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Within the feedback form, I will provide an interpretation of the collected results from the health screening assessment. This interpretation may be areas of health or fitness improvement, or areas of health which may need further medical assistance.